Financial Aid and Direct Lending Info

Financial Aid/Direct Loans

Planning to work on campus?  If you plan to work on campus either because you are eligible for Federal Work Study or if you plan to secure any type of part time job at Wilkes, you will need to complete an I-9 form and submit ORIGINAL identification paperwork before you can begin work.  This is the link to the I-9 form and includes lists of acceptable documents:  I-9 pdf Form
Dear Student,
Direct Stafford Loans are low-interest loans for students which help pay for the cost of a student’s education after high school. Direct Loans are awarded as part of a larger award package which may contain other types of aid as well. After reviewing the award notification from Wilkes University, please take the following steps now:
  1. Go to and sign in using your Federal PIN. (the same PIN you use to complete the FAFSA).
  1. Complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
  1. Complete  Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
This site also allows Plus Loan borrowers (both parents and graduate/professional students) to complete a request for a new Direct Plus Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). Please do not apply for a Direct Plus loan until after June 1, 2017.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Financial Aid at (570) 408-2000 or email